Professionally Applied Fabric and Carpet Protection
Regular foot traffic removes much of the factory protection from your carpet. Leaving it unprotected could allow permanent stains, premature wear and a lower appearance level.
We have different types of protectors for different applications and fabric types.
Our premium fabric protector can be applied to just about any type of fabric including delicate fabrics such as silk. We can protect new or just cleaned furniture.
With Overturf’s, you can choose your level of fabric protection:
6 Reasons You Should Always Get Carpet and Fabric Protector
1. Reduces permanent stains
A great looking carpet can be ruined by an ugly spot. Unprotected carpet doesn’t repel spillage as well as protected carpet. Being able to remove spots and spills more effectively, you can avoid permanent staining.
2. Helps save your traffic areas from becoming destroyed
Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can easily bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying protector, you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically and help prevent nasty traffic areas. When you vacuum your protected carpet the soils will release from the
carpet pile much more effectively.
3. Make spots easier to remove
The easier a spot is to remove, the less cleanly you will have to use. The less agitation you will have to use, and the less time it will take. Many spots can be removed easily with just water.
4. Makes your next professional cleaning more effective
Having protector applied to your carpet will enhance your next cleaning. More soil will be removed the next time your carpeting is professionally cleaned.
5. Helps avoid costly service calls
Although you want to call us out to handle any spot you cannot remove immediately, carpet protector helps you remove more spots than you could without protector. You may be able to save a minimum charge by removing the spot yourself.
6. The assurance of our spot and spill warranty
With purchase of protector and in addition to our guarantee, Overturf’s provides a spot and spill warranty to protect you against permanent staining. Call us or ask your technician for details.
The result of having protector applied to your carpet is that your carpet will look better and last longer.
Vacuuming is actually more effective with protector applied. Dirt is more easily picked-up, and fewer passes are required with the vacuum.
Get even more benefits when you choose our premium protector, like UV protection and mold prevention (see the chart above)!
The best time to apply protector is right after cleaning; Overturf’s Cleaning can do it for you. Regular vacuuming and prompt cleanup of spills will help maintain the bright, freshly cleaned look or a long time.
Two Primary Ways That Protector Is Removed From A Carpet:
1. Regular foot traffic. Over a period of 6 months to 2 years, depending on the traffic, a significant amount of protector can be removed from your traffic areas and needs to be reapplied.
2. High alkaline cleaner. Uninformed, uneducated or unethical carpet cleaners can use harsh chemicals on the carpet that will strip its protection.
Four Mistakes Other Cleaners Make In Applying Protector:
1. Not using high quality protector. Discount protectors are not as effective and sometimes void the carpet warranty. Our company uses only the highest quality, recommended protectors.
2. Not using a dedicated container. Using the same container for carpet protector as other cleaners can contaminate the carpet protector making it gummy and ineffective. Our vans have a dedicated container reserved ONLY for carpet protector.
3. Not applying the product properly. Some cleaners either under apply or over apply the protector. Under applying it doesn’t allow for complete penetration of the carpet yarns. Over applying it causes the carpet to become overly stiff and crusty. Our company technicians are diligently trained for proper application.
4. Not grooming the carpet. For the best performance, the product should be groomed into the carpet for maximum penetration. This ensures contact with all surfaces of the carpet yarn and proper distribution and drying. Our company thoroughly grooms the protector into the carpet pile.
Ask your technician or call us at 941-301-9555 for more information
on having protector applied to your floors and fabrics and about our amazing
spot and spill warranty.
Are you an interior designer hesitant to
recommend certain fabrics because they’re difficult to maintain or fear of sunlight fading?
We have protectors formulated just for these delicate fabric types and are happy to
work with your specific needs.
Q & A
When I spill a drink, will the liquid stay on the surface of protected fabrics?
Not always. Protectors that penetrate deeply into the fabric and coat the individual fibers will not always
have liquids bead up to the surface. This does not mean that the protector is not working, the fabric is still being protected, food and drink staining will still be prevented, and the above 6 benefits will still apply.
Does this mean I won’t have to clean my carpets again?
No product prevents soiling, but your fabrics and carpets are protected against many permanent stains and
with your next professional cleaning will clean up much nicer than before.